Amazon

Friday, August 19, 2011

Ten Things I Learned From Running A Minecraft Server

1. That graphical problem is a software issue, not a hardware issue, and there is nothing I can do about it.

2. Apparently I couldn't use Java from Command Prompt until I fixed that setting.

3. Oh, that's what I set for my router's admin password!

4. So that's how you do port forwarding? Cooooool.

5. Admin commands make the game boring.
     5a. Except when you give yourself a lava moat and your friend can't navigate over it.
     5b. Naked people on fire are inherently funny.

6. My computer is still a beast. My internet connection, however, is not.
     6a. Should not allow more than 5 people on the server. :(

7. I can turn monsters off. (I still won't, but I could. If I wanted to.)

8. It's still creepy to know that by using my IP address people can find where I live. :(

9. It's easier to build when you just set it to dawn every time dusk rolls around. See #5.

10. Coming back to the game to find the place I "live" has been improved while I was asleep is pretty cool. Especially if the improvements include a redstone-powered minecart roller coaster.

This Seed is Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment