Amazon

Monday, November 10, 2014

Achaena's Diary, Page Two

Perhaps I am being too harsh. There have been good people in my life, haven't there? What about Rennfri? She adopted me after my family died. That has to count for something. That may not be a good example. Although she seems to care - she DOES care for me - the death and agony that follows her, that she deals out, that is done in her name - I cannot honestly call her 'good.'

What about the elf who had lived next door? She seemed .... innocent of the evils in the world. Maybe the healing woman - the one who became pregnant?

You might say that every nosy paladin who has tried to enforce a curfew on me might be considered good - at the very least, they largely say they are doing it for my safety. So they are nice enough.

And of course, there is the matter of the dwarf, Kelgrim Forgefighter. Undoubtedly, he has made his own mistakes. His relationship with his daughter suggests that she is at the center of one of his bigger ones. But - she has a relationship with her. He's trying to repair the damage done. "Good" is not synonymous with "infallible."

So maybe there is one good person.

I do hope he doesn't hate me, especially after I let his daughter walk blithely into danger. I did send him a letter, so if something is wrong, he can help to fix it.

I'm on a boat now, me and my golem, sailing across the sea to Kalimdor, so that I can fix my own error. I despise water - the only way that I can make the journey is in a windowless room where I cannot see my impending doom.

If we capsize, I will drown and die.

How pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment