Amazon

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Thaumcraft 4.1.1.12 Part One

Or: Suddenly Magic

My game starts pretty much like any other minecraft experience: I'm in a savannah, with a few pigs nearby. I look for a tree, and, finding one, I punch it down and make a workbench, an axe, and a pickaxe.

Pretty standard stuff, all in all.

My mod list follows:

Thaumcraft
Ex Nihilo
Bibliocraft
Treecapitator
and Voxelmap.

The first thing I come across from Thaumcraft: An obsidian totem. I'm not gonna let that stand.


No, but seriously, I'm not. Those things spread taint, and this close to my original spawn, I want nothing to do with that. I immediately upgrade my pickaxe, therefore, and get to work.


My sacred work complete (I don't like taint), I head onwards. The next thing I come across of any value are some sheep, so I put them to death on the spot and get enough wool to make a bed.

Before long I find exactly what I'm looking for - a swath of magical forest.


I've found three different obsidian totems by now and dismantled all of them.


Oh hello.

I don't like these trees, on the one hand - on the other they're useful. Think of them as cave spider dungeons with some decent loot underneath.


Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.

This also goes to the axe. Pick-axe, that is.

And here's my winnings.


I decide to dismantle one of the three silverwood trees I've spotted. I left the node block in place - we'll see later if the node survived - and I replanted the single sapling I retrieved, because who doesn't want more silverwood, really?

Here's my take from the forest:


Next Up: Mining and gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment