Amazon

Monday, May 2, 2011

This Last Weekend

Or - if you don't like a certain Internet meme, you can stop reading here and come back Wednesday for the Tarot motifs.

The Black Rook fell, and when he went, he went to Retirony.

I feel like I've lost a friend, which is ... odd. I've never met the man, never done more than trade words in passing. But the world seems ... slightly less safe now that there's one less Player in the Game.

I've got this odd ... belief system that's sprung up without me being fully aware it's happening. The idea is, the more people the Tall Man is following, the safer nobodies like me are - even if we actively choose to taunt Him from our safe, sheltered homes. (This whole thing being moronic anyway. I'm well aware it's just a meme gah.)

I wouldn't be a very interesting protagonist anyway. I've got no friends IRL, I don't remember dialogue, and the "Runner slowly goes insane while ignoring The Rules" plot looks to have been pretty much done to death. No? Yes.

I dunno. Finished actually reading The Tutorial, and then I finished Vivere Disce and left a nice little comment or something. Now there's a happy blog, though, isn't there. Didn't I mention somewhere that the idea of Proxies was more chilling to me than things which should not be?

My sense of time, location, and balance are all already fucked, what's reality itself thrown into the mix, anyway?

But humans are bastards. That's unquestionably true. And giving someone who's already a bit unhinged a reason to target me seems ... unwise.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: there's really nothing the Slender Man could do to me that a particularly determined psycho with a grudge couldn't - and there are lots and lots of those running around, while there's only one of Him.

There's a reason M warns against the other homeless people.

Oh. And the other night some fucker got into and rifled through my car. Thanks, asshole.

Fucking drug neighborhood.

Fuck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment