Amazon

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ren Faire Prep

Because ya gotta have blue hair. (will write more on that tomorrow).

--

Or I planned to but then I decided to put on fake nails and I remember why I keep them - my real nails - short. Typing is just really hard right now. I normally type with the very tips of my fingers and so I'm down to like 10 wpm trying to manage these fucking things.

Anyway I need practice because typing is a key part of my job and I wanna play my games so I'm gonna just keep at it.

So I'm prepping to play as a kind of stereotypical faerie with the wings and everything. Did a lot of wirework and stuff then spraypainted them black. Going for a kinda postcard-goth fairy look. Blue wig because hair does not take that color in dye well, fake nails for the lulz and because mine are all gnawed down.

It is very hard to type.

Trying to finish the stays for a corset and Mom's sewing a dress and boots and stuff. It's neat. I'll get to spraypaint the corset with fabric dye too! It's fun.

qwerqwerqwerqwerqwerqwerqwerqwer Looks like I'm gonna be playing auto-attack champs for a bit, LoL.

Of course, it could be worse.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

7 comments:

  1. At our RenFest we haven't seen so much blue hair this year. But we have seen a disturbing number of "German biergarden waitress" costumes. It's a little....incongruous.

    And the eleventeen girls who wear old prom dresses out. But that's every year and we just sigh and shake our heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @At Your Service: Heh - I know it's not particularly Renaissance to have the blue hair - but ours is more fantasy than purely medieval anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue hair we don't mind one bit. It's the "fashion desperation" cases that stroll by (or fall down the hill in inappropriate heels) the shop all day that make us giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. XD I bet! I like stompin' boots, but I recognize that those epic Harley boots have too many zippers and such to be ren faire appropriate.

    Plus they didn't fit. :( My damn calves are all muscle. D:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine are the style 1929s from http://minnetonkamoccasin.com/CatalogFringedBoots.asp, I picked up in '91 and have held up pretty well so far. Although I'll probably need to replace them soon. Not looking forward to that because I have the same calf problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's frustrating because no matter how much weight you lose, unless you let your muscles atrophy horribly there is nothing that will help.

    PLUS, shin splints (from the solid muscle being wound too tight I guess?) make it feel like the little bones in my calves will shatter like so much glass under huge pressure if I try to say, go running or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did track in school, still do miles on the treadmill at the gym out of sheer stubbornness. So I totally feel you on the calf thing. :)

    On the other hand, being able to kick like a mule has its advantages. ^_^

    ReplyDelete