Amazon

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A God's Log: Here Kitty, Kitty!

9:12 PM Friday, Jan 7th 2011

A land of innocence has no need for gods ....

I had a random urge to do Something Not Warcraft, so I fished through my stack of old games until I hit upon Lionhead's Black and White. Some research on the Internet later, and I have a fully functioning game, since Windows 7 doesn't always play nicely with the older games. I still don't know how to get Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri to work (I hit upon the much easier solution of: when I want to play SMAC, I boot up Mom's old XP machine), for instance - even the newer games sometimes throw a fit.

I forgot how bad the graphics were.

And how long the unskippable tutorial is. Gah.

I think I wanna try and be either a good deity or at least train a good creature. Given my own Chaotic tendencies, I have problems focusing ... I suspect I'll end up failing at least one of these goals.

Here goes nothing ....

9:32 - After some exploring, I have picked out a rather silly-looking kitty cat. Probably not the best choice for a pacifist pet, but I'm not much for cattle or monkeys, and they looked even worse.

9:41 - Maybe I should build this boat so I don't have to listen to the singing. Or kill the would-be sailors ....

10:09 - I actually don't know how much mutton I need for this sheep herder - oh, five. Can't deities keep a quest log? Can I get a bloody hint? GAH!

10:22 - Oo. Huge kitty. I've actually seen him on idle exploration; he's hard to miss. Doing his quest because I suspect he's how I get to teach my Creature miracles. Blah, miracles. Blah, teaching.
Evil (Blackie?) is a coward.
Nemesis is such a ... descriptive ... name.
Yeah.

10:40 - I am going to teach this Creature to make water if it's the last thing I do.

10:46 - Where the hell is my Creature?!

10:59 - Creature kind of knows how to water trees. Teaching him to heal and buff himself. Looking for last singing stone.

11:27 - Found the last stone. Can't find stone circle anymore. GAH.

11:28 - The hippie's stones made me a damned food miracle dispenser. Thank you, GameFAQs.

11:30 - Where the hell is my Creature?!

11:32 - Death ....

11:34 - Apparently my Creature collapsed ....

11:40 - Who wants tummy rubs?!

11:50 - I'm not convinced my creature can learn to buff himself. He seems kind of stupid.

11:52 - Death ....

11:53 - Ha! He knows how to make food! Not completely hopeless. Who'ssa good kitty?

11:54 - Death ....

11:58 - Still not convinced he can learn to buff. Death ....

12:00 - Death ....

12:06 - I met the one guy who doesn't believe in me on this rock. I don't care about him at all.

12:11 - Death ... DEATH!

12:13 - Evil smells combat! ... death ....

12:19 - Where the hell is my Creature?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment