Amazon

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Ghost of Winter Veil

Seasonally-Appropriate Greetings to you!

So, now that Christmas is officially more or less done with, back to the grindstone!

Christmas was pretty good for me, over all, and I've even got a rather amusing anecdote from mucking around yesterday. Since I've got an anecdote, time to share an anecdote!

On my way to finishing out [Merrymaker], I had to do [Let it Snow] - which I, personally, finished up in the Trade District in Stormwind, as a Blood Elf Death Knight. I lived exactly the length of the snowflake cast timer for my last requirement, which was a Draenei Priest. Thanks again to all the friends who laughed, loved on my corpse, or rolled baby gnomes to assist in my quest.

[Let it Snow] has been done for a few days, for me, but it brings me to what happened yesterday.

'Twas the morning of Christmas and all through Orgrimmar, all the 1337 kiddies were whining because Greatfather Winter apparently had yet to put out the presents for the Horde (Alliance got theirs early.)

It was 8AM, and I still hadn't gone to sleep yet.

"Well," says I. "I could stay in Orgrimmar and whine until Blizzard (who've all gone home for the holidays) fixes this, or I could go on an adventure." Being the intrepid young level 80 Death Knight that I am, on this particular character, I decide to go on the adventure. I mount up my dragon, turn her into a reindeer, and catch the zeppelin to Undercity. From there, I'm on my way to Ironforge.

In Ironforge, the presents are already laid out, while in /Trade the Horde players are still whining a bit about their lack of gifts. I can see the exclamation marks of receivable quests! Hooray!

And then I die, horribly, because the guards are level 85 and there's a mass of Alliance players camping the presents, too.

So I run my scrawny ghost up the streets of Kharanos and into Ironforge again, making sure to resurrect myself behind the pile of presents. Maybe if I use the ticking one as a gaily-wrapped shield I'll survive long enough to open them, I think.

I did, and I did. Three achievements received in Ironforge, and the fourth, [Breaking the Sound Barrier], when I ate the resurrection sickness and hearthstone'd home.

The only sad part of my trip?

When I got home to Orgrimmar, the presents had finally been laid out.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment