Amazon

Thursday, December 23, 2010

There Has To Be An Easier Way

So! You might have noticed that there are new ads on the site - Amazon, specifically, and I am told that the ads will gradually become more relevant as time goes on. Given my fascination with World of Warcraft and Plants Vs. Zombies, I've noticed that the Google ads have become pretty consistent - we'll see. Give them a click if you see something you like, anyway. (How to Become Werewolf? What?! I want to click it but I'm expressly forbidden.) There's also a donation button, and that is there because if you've got a few pennies to spare, you can help keep me in inspiration and new content (read: More WoW. Potentially other games too. Books, even! Leave a comment and I'll consider it anyway). Also because my diet right now consists primarily of ramen noodles, and we're cutting corners on every bill possible.

That's all I'm going to say about that; it's a hard economy pretty much everywhere.

That said, I've got a fistful of things to talk about, today!

First off, one of my friends linked me to this interesting website. It's supposed to analyze the content of your writing and tell you what famous author you write like. I plugged in the content of a post I've had on RP-Haven for a while, because I was curious as to what it would say.


I write like
Lewis Carroll
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!

So that's pretty cool. I don't know if it's accurate or not, but sure. Of course, you could comment here on your opinion on that, if you like - or not, don't worry one way or another.

I also did a bit of art recently for another friend of mine, who is the reason I have Cataclysm at all (or rather, she made it so I didn't have to choose between eating and a soul-consuming addiction). Happy Christmas again, Ashle.

On to the intended topic of this post! The links are for the less Warcraft inclined, for an idea of just how long a trip this ended up being.

So, I've gotten my baby Worgen to thirty-seven last night, having finished up North STV. (Baby raptor! Cuuuute!) Checking the Hero's Call board led me to believe going to the Western Plaguelands would be an awesome idea.

The only problem is, I'm Alliance right now, and I have no idea how they're supposed to get there.

The route's pretty simple if you're Horde. You trot off to Grom'gol (where this guy is), take a zeppelin north to Tirisfal Glades, and then walk east until you're there. Usually then you get killed by a welcome bear or something.

For the Alliance ... I actually really don't know. I imagine there's dragons somewhere.

So, I decided to head north to Stormwind and then take the tram to Ironforge, since I didn't have that flight point yet. So far, so good.

There's no fast travel to anywhere further north though, and I'm not even forty yet. No fast mount for me! Well, no problem. I see a couple of dig sites on the way there, so I figure I'll check them out.

The first, most important thing I learned is that I should never attempt Archaeology on my low leveled characters. I say this, because I came across a digsite with five distinct layers. From the top to the bottom is pretty much sufficient to get the [Going Down?] achievement ... or die. Mostly die. And there are raptors. Fossilized. Moving. Raptors. They were trying to kill me, with the assistance of gravity.

So, I'm not trying that again. Well. I'm lying. It's still pretty fun, just decidedly more lethal than doing it at 80 with flying.

Anyway, so I pick up two digsites in the Wetlands, one in Arathi, and two in Hillsbrad. This takes up about half of my night. Then I think to myself, "Hey, I'm in the area, I might as well do Peacebloom Vs. Ghouls."

So that takes roughly the other half of the night, and now my Worgen has a singing sunflower. So that's awesome.

From there, it's on to Silverpine. I remember Silverpine. It's pretty awesome to do the quests there, and I thoroughly recommend it as horde. As Alliance ... well, surprisingly I didn't run into any significant threats to my wellbeing, but I wasn't stupid enough to stick around and find any either. Running Wild through Silverpine I didn't have too many troubles, but running through Tirisfal Glades, I discovered that certain quest hubs should be avoided (specifically the tiny, innocuous post on the road south of Brill where this chick is) because they kill you. It hurts.

The Bulwark is less neutral than I remember, and significantly more lethal, but finally, finally my Worgen has a flight point to Andorhal.

Wait, Andorhal?

I guess WPL has changed pretty massively.

I'll have to check it out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment