Amazon

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hilarity Ensues

Oh wow.

So my friends communicate almost entirely through RealID broadcasts, it seems, and in doing so, they have been going on and on, endlessly, about this ... thing they'd discovered all together, because hey - just because they really care, whatever they get, they share. Right? Right.

scrape


scrape


scrape

I hadn't ever heard of it before, so one of them links me it, and I begin reading like the endless pit of ravening I am. In all it took me a couple of days because I have the attention span of a flea on drugs. Not that I'm ever on drugs, mind. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

So ... this collaborative story-thing answered a question I didn't even know I had, which is, "Why is there an NPC named Tednug with a Cat - Scratchfever walking down this particular path?" Not that I didn't kind of get the joke and laugh a little bit myself regardless before I caught the reference. But now it's just so much better. With harpies. I'm just a little bit saddened there isn't a TVTropes page for it yet, after apparently a year later.


I also discovered a nice little bit of fanfiction through TVTropes the other day - a slightly Alternate Universe Firefly piece called Forward. I'm not finished yet, but it's something on my To Do list. My biggest 'gripe' with it, such as it is, is it bringing characters who canonically died horribly back from the dead - and I can suspend disbelief for that. There is something that feels just a bit off in places - but overall, I find it fairly true to the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment