Amazon

Monday, December 13, 2010

Hibernation

Thoughts disorderly, forgive me for that.

I think I am becoming sick from being outside in the snow and cold. Some coughing, and my throat is gummy.

That said, I have things to talk about!

Firstly, I am still trying to work out something efficient to do in between being at a digsite and being at the next digsite. It turns out the in-between parts of Archaeology are very, very boring - specifically the travel time inherent in going from the topmost end of Kalimdor and the southernmost points of it. The old world is very, very large, which is something you rarely think about until you're taking a flight from Silvermoon to Booty Bay, or mounting up to do the same. Last night I was reading other peoples' blogs and comics, which is a hobby of mine. The night before that, it was Plants Vs. Zombies.

Plants Vs. Zombies is not a very efficient way to spend long travels in World of Warcraft. I say this, because it's very engaging and even intense at times. For a very simple tower defense game that even pauses when I click out of it, it's incredibly hard to tear my mind and attention away when I get in range to need to steer my drake again. This leads to me hovering somewhere out in the Veiled Sea while my fatigue bar slowly creeps down, a Giga-gigantaur lurching toward my house and having consumed all of my attention by smashing the entirety of my bottom row of plants. Crunch. Crunch. Ruuuaaaaaarrrrggghhhh.

This brings me to Peacebloom Vs. Ghouls, which is engaging in its own way, a smallish version of Plants Vs. Zombies integrated directly into World of Warcraft as a small series of quests up in Hillsbrad. It is very fun, and a reasonably solid port of the concepts, even if sometimes the zombies attack plants in their column rather than their row, and occasionally my peashooters will shoot diagonally. And there are no potato mines. I miss potato mines terribly when I don't have them.

Between the two, I have for two or three nights running not seen the morning sun at all, and with Plants Vs. Zombies, I stop even making progress with Archaeology. (After the 150 range, Archaeology also really slows down quickly.)

Having enjoyed Archaeology for a while, I am willing to say it is quite addictive and engrossing. I reached level 81 on my hunter without ever once setting foot into the new Cataclysm zones.

No comments:

Post a Comment