Amazon

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Zen Gardening

So, on and off I've been playing Plants Vs. Zombies, I think I might have mentioned that a few dozen times. It remains fun and engaging, oddly enough, especially poking around with the plant combinations I'm forced into thanks to my crazy neighbor, Dave. I have successfully gotten the [Dont Pea in the Pool] achievement as well as the [Nobel Peas Prize], [Morticulturalist], and [Better off Dead] achievements.

So I've gotten many, many, many plants for my zen garden, having played the puzzle modes and etc. more than is strictly necessary. I didn't realize quite how profitable the zen garden could be until I found my entire daytime section full up with plants, all of them spawning coins at once. This led to me getting my tenth plant spot, which ironically makes it easier to complete adventure mode for my New Game Plus since again, Crazy Dave steals three slots and they're not always strictly useful. He's craaaaaaazy after all.

This led to me purchasing the snail from him, which collects coins for me in my zen garden. I simply was producing too many coins, to the point where clicking after them became problematic.

The snail is ... pretty well useless, however, until and unless you feed it chocolate, at which point it scrambles about the greenhouse like a snail possessed, collecting coins at an acceptable, if not superb, clip.

Since I'm working on collecting all of the zen garden plants, I discovered something else about the zen garden which easily bumped it up to my top pick for money-gathering in PVZ: Fully grown plants not only generate a lot of coins on their way to becoming 'fully grown,' but they also sell for a nice chunk of change (about 3k for Marigolds, which are buyable, and about 8k for every other plant I've seen so far.)

I have this theory, and this theory goes: yay, zen gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment