Amazon

Friday, December 10, 2010

World of Worgen

Okay, so we've established I'm a huge World of Warcraft nerd.

One of the huge changes I've been excited for since basically forever has been the addition of worgen. I actually was one of those people who roleplayed a worgen long before it was ever announced as a playable race.

So I'm giddy for this, and I mean, I play Horde. All of my mains are Horde. For the bloody Horde. I've picked spider eggs off of living-ish bears against my better judgment and in the face of extreme nausea for the Horde.

Despite this, World of Warcraft delivered on my admittedly high hopes.

The worgen starting zone is epic, and I say that in the most literal way possible. It starts with you, as a human, desperately trying to fight off the worgen incursion, progressing through to you as a worgen trying to fight off the Forsaken onslaught. Anything more than that would be spoilers (hint: they join the Alliance), but with a phased world that actually seems to respond to your presence that spans easily at least your first fourteen levels (with heirlooms), Gilneas truly writes an epic tale, as far as MMO standards go, even making me curious exactly what happens in the goblin starting zone that could even begin to compare, though I've heard both compared favorably.

Now if only they weren't Alliance ....

No comments:

Post a Comment