Amazon

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Other Things Not To Do While Flying

Because friends don't let friends fly their dragon while drunk (in World of Warcraft anyway).

You'd think that speaks more to the dragon's sobriety than yours - I mean, it is a fully sentient mount and all. I would think it doesn't want to die. Unless maybe it's a bronze dragon, at which point it gets to the end of the fatigue bar, dumps you off, and teleports through space and time to go home. Then it wouldn't die so much, huh?

Anyway, so I was trying to think of something else to do in between Archaeology digsites, since we've established Plants Vs. Zombies is right out, when I came across this wonderful idea. Which is to say, my computer is beastly, and I can run The Sims 3 in the background.

So I do that, and I boot up an old save I barely remember anything about because I just don't ... really ... do The Sims 3 that much anymore. I've been meaning to do a legacy challenge justice, but it just hasn't really worked for me. It's the short attention span thing, I think. This old save isn't actually that old: the Sim in it turns out to have become a moderately famous vampire, in Riverview. She's a 'retired' firefighter, since firefighters mainly work during the day, and vampires are somewhat flammable.

She's also pregnant.

So I walk her through the pregnancy, pick some fruits and vegetables and generally, things are going peachy.

Then the babies happened. Babies, as in twins. As in why on earth did I ever think the fertility treatment was a good idea? Friendly Sim babies - which one of them is friendly - are monsters. Soul-consuming monsters. My poor Sim. She's also not married yet: she decided to seduce the maid, which wasn't really especially hard, being a mind-reading vampire with the Master of Seduction reward.

So, the babies. They never really stop crying. One mood meter fills out, another drops, and it's all my Sim can do to stay conscious. They're screaming and bawling about how they're tired, and they just used their diapers, and they're hungry, and they're just. So. Lonely. For the entire three-day period that my Sim has had these babies, they have not shut up long enough for her to even get the 'nap' moodlet, and believe me when I say that my Sim started trying to stage an organized rebellion against God just to get some shut-eye. I actually felt bad for her, and she's just an amalgamation of code strung together behind a very painful-looking assortment of pixels. That poor woman.

Then they grow into toddlers and I realize why they're such unholy monsters. They've been literally draining their mother of every last drop of energy, running her ragged.

The two rather-odd looking babies?

Are also vampires.

No comments:

Post a Comment