Amazon

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Outlands Rant

So today I'm going to rant a little bit about Outlands, since I only have ten levels until I get there. (Avid RPer means that the sheer amount of time I've spent on World of Warcraft does not indicate what level I should be.)

Hello, Outlands. How are you today?

My biggest problem with Outlands is there is no choice involved in going there.

You reach 58 (60 at the latest really), and you pretty much have to go to the Outlands to be appropriately leveled for the content you're visiting. Once in OL, you pretty much have to go to either Hellfire Peninsula, or if you're daring, Zangarmarsh. From there it branches out minutely.

Since the demons have been beaten back there's almost no logical incentive (storywise) to bother going to OL. It bears no real threat to Azeroth anymore.

But you still have to go, if you're questing.

This bothers me, to say the least. There are also no alternatives offered whatsoever with the Cataclysm except maybe, maybe doing what I've been doing since 25, which is to say questing out a green zone and ending up five levels above the mobs I'm killing. I'm starting to think I should take my heirlooms off and see if that makes it easier for me to not outlevel things - but given the rarity of me actually going out to level, I need as many boosts as possible.

I also still need to join a guild.

The reason I say this is, even RP guilds have mostly cracked level 2 or level 3, since even avid RPers tend to want to see content, if only to incorporate it into their storylines (not to mention those who take levels into account in RP conflicts). Therefore, getting +5% experience is a fairly trivial matter, regardless of what kind of guild you want to be in. And like I said, any boost I can get, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment